A Follow-up on my word count problem….

For I was just collecting the first 250 words of my novel for #PitchSlam to see how far into the first chapter that got me, and I realized that if I was going to participate, I wanted them to see the first 375, not the first 250. Naturally, I went through looking for places to cut words.

And you know what? I had almost no problem turning that 375 words into 250.

Well then. I guess I know how I’m getting rid of the next 25k… not by taking entire parts out, but just by taking out a sentence here and a modifier there.

I am definitely switching from Scrivener to Word for that round of edits. Autotracking=ON.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s